Friday 27 January 2023

I'm back blogging again! Text heavy post

Hi all, have you missed me?

It's been so long since I blogged.  I have still been crafting but not posting here.  

A number of things happened at the same time which prevented me from having time to blog.  I changed laptop and lost my editing software, Covid hit and I was Working from Home and I stepped down from Design Teams.

I found the joy had gone from my crafting and although I have continued to craft, I only made what was necessary and not just for the fun of it.

Before Christmas 2022 I had two major life changes which has spurred me on to spend time in my craft room again.

I turned the big 50 in mid-December and made invitations for a party we held for dancing friends and then while on a cruise on Queen Mary 2 with my hubby, my lovely Dad was suddenly taken ill and sadly we lost him 3 days before Christmas. 

My lovely Dad at my Daughter's Wedding in August 2022


The shock has been horrific as it was a sudden illness and not expected.  I didn't have chance to make any Christmas Cards as I intended to make them on my return from my trip.  It's the first year since I started crafting 15 years ago that I had to BUY Christmas cards.

I needed an outlet to take my mind off the grief so I started cardmaking again.  Not for a specific person or reason, but just because.  It has been such a release for me, giving me the chance to lose myself just in colouring and creating and switching my brain off - even for a short time.

Here are a few of the Christmas cards I have made the last 4 weeks.

CC Gingerbread Man Wobblers stamp with papers from stash coloured with Spectrum Noir Markers



Crafters Companion Dance in the Snow Stamp with Bebunni Papers and coloured with Spectrum Noir Markers


Cross stitch Santa image with Bebunni papers


Lili of the Valley Christmas Gnomes stamp coloured with Spectrum Noir Markers and papers from stash


I have more cards to post but they have not been received yet so I'll post later.

If you are still here and reading thanks for staying with me,


Jane x

No comments: